Monday, September 8, 2008

Holy Blog Hits, Batman!

If you look toward the bottom of the column at the right, you'll see how many blog hits I have. That number means that in the last three months, you all have collectively visited my blog over 10,000 times.

Holy blog hits, Batman! That's INSANE.

Now let me clarify for you people who are new to the blogging world... there are blogs out there that get that many blog hits in a day. I'm sure there are some that get that many in an hour. But I'm not talking about their blogs... I'm talking about my new little pipsqueak blog where I talk about my dog and my wacky family and my random thoughts. Insane.

And I know what I'm about to say might sound ridiculous to you. I might be about to tell you all what a dork I am. And you all might want to tell me to get a grip.

But whatever... sounding ridiculous has never stopped me before.

This silly little blog has seriously changed the fabric of my day-to-day life. A blog. Not a lightening bolt of inspiration or meeting the love of my life or holding a newborn baby. No... my life has been changed by a blog.

But really, since I don't leave my house the whole love-of-my-life or newborn-baby-thing isn't logically going to happen. And as much as I enjoy being creative there are no great lightening bolts of inspiration raining down.

What I do have is a flutter of excitement when I get up in the morning. And mornings in my life in all other ways prove generally to be kind of sucky. I know, not a profound word to describe it but the description fits. But now when I open my eyes and my body hurts and I have to make myself get my feet on the floor, I'm thinking about whether or not someone has left a comment and wondering what I'll write about tomorrow.

And I know I'm supposed to be all cool and existential and not really care that you all are reading because it's supposed to be about being creative and such. And I did start this to write and be creative again.

But I care. I do. I admit it. I'm not cool and existential because, while I thought it would be all about the writing... it's really all about connecting. And connecting with all of you has made it a little more fun to open my eyes in the morning.

So I guess what I'm saying is... thanks for being the Robin to my Batman, people.

:)

18 comments:

  1. I've been reading your blog every day for a while. I've never commented, but I really enjoy reading what you write. You are an inspiration in many ways. It seems like I always gain something from reading your blog, it may be a better understanding of people with chronic illness, or how funny dogs can be, but it's alway worth reading. Even though I don't know you, I feel like I do because of what you write. When my back is hurting, sometimes I'll think "I wonder how many "spoons" Gitzen girl has today?" and if you're doing ok. I love reading the stories about your life, your family and Riley, he seems like such a sweet doggie :-) Keep writing, I have a feeling that there are others out there who feel the same way I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Crystal! Your blog rocks!!! And so do you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is funny is that as much as you look forward to writing it, I look forward to reading it. I often check my email first thing in the morning and then immediately check your blog. If I happen to skip it one morning, then I feel cheated, but yet excited because that is all the more I get to read the next day. Keep up the good work. Like I have told you so many times, you are an amazingly talented girl! Any thoughts about publishing the stories in your blog??????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Heidi...I'd read your book until it was tattered and torn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I noticed that a week or so ago, how many hits you had in so little time! THAT is impressive.
    I enjoy what you write, and you give my inspiration, so it's no wonder so many people come back every day!

    Keep up the good work, and I am glad it's kind of like therapy for you too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's therapy for ME to! My best friend just quit her blog, and I've been so down about it... until I came across yours which happens to remind me SO MUCH of her! :) I look forward to reading more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I agree with crystal the the rest of them! You keep up the writing and we will keep up the reading!
    Thanks for sharing part of yourself with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, this was supposed to be about me saying thanks to YOU, not the other way around. You all are way too freaking nice. :)

    sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally agree with Heidi, only I normally don't get to my e-mail until after dinner or after the kids go to bed. It really does not surprise me about the number of blog hits you have had. You are incredible, and a very special friend. You are so talented, and I've told you this before, but I think you should seriously think about publishing a book. I think it would be outstanding:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. reading your blog every day makes me happy too. i feel the same on my blog because i am not married and have no children and because i work, the creative part is few and far between. so thanks for being a comrade in wanting to be cool and creative but not really being able to communicate that to the world. :0) i love your inspiration corner. i want to write on my walls now, but i don't think my roommate will go for it! thanks for being so cool!! your blog totally rocks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sara-
    I totally look forward to reading your blog post each night. At the end of the day Mark and I sit on the couch, he likes to watch UFC or football so I glady grab the laptop and read your latest post!
    Keep 'em coming!

    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Kari: I totally had to look up what UFC stood for. There is obviously not a lot of testosterone in my house... :)

    sara

    ReplyDelete
  13. I read your blog every day....AND you lift my life to a whole new level. You are a blessing to me and so many others.
    Keep your chin to the wind, my friend
    May the Lord continue to bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I happen to think you ARE cool and I really enjoy your writing. You are an inspiration and I am glad to have connected to you. {hugs} to you sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "But now when I open my eyes and my body hurts and I have to make myself get my feet on the floor, I'm thinking about whether or not someone has left a comment and wondering what I'll write about tomorrow."

    Blogging has changed my world too. It's strange what it can do for a person. It's my link to the world, to getting past the bedroom.

    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I found your blog yesterday, Sara, following your comment from Ali's blog a few days ago. I left a long (and I see now totally dumb) comment for you and then I realized I could find you through your blog link. I was able to inhale a few posts yesterday during a lull at work and a few more today at my lunch break, but I've been sitting on my hands trying not to drop comments all over the place and annoy you to death... even while I had total hissy fits over your 'community' post and serious conniption fits over your obvious love for God, family, and friends... even through all the 'amen! I totally know what you mean!' moments. But then I got to this point and had to scream HEY!!!!!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!! I do thoroughly and completely understand the connection with people your blog provides. I was hollering "CONNECTION! IT'S THE CONNECTION with people!" long before I got to the end of your blog post :D

    BTW, I'm developing a mental checklist of things for you to photograph to document this week ;) Your life, you know, is anything BUT small. So there.

    I can't wait to see what you create (and go read through Ali's comments from that day, two other people left you messages, too).

    Oh, one more thing: where in Iowa are you? I was just there last weekend for a family wedding :) (Doesn't surprise me you're from Iowa, such good people there!)

    - Rebecca

    denali0407 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found your blog yesterday and I have spent the last, oh 18 hours, off and on, reading your posts. I am absolutely floored by you, your strength and your faith.

    I'm about to add your blog to my feed and enjoy a little dose of your positivity every. single. day. So thank you - I needed that :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I see. Very nice it is too.

    http://www.church-sermon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete