Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 4

gitz bits 2 divider blue

Friday, January 22, 2010

1.22.10Look who came along with their Grandma Linda to deliver groceries! It had been sooooo long since I’d seen my boys [Jonboy and Tyler], so it was a fun surprise. As you can see, Riley may have been a little happy to see them as well. Because, you know, I just don’t give him enough attention and rub his belly on demand.

Oh wait… that’s right… I do.

divider blue

Saturday, January 23, 2010

1.23.10These containers were my best friends last weekend. The infamous migraine weekend when I tried every kind of break up trick, from letting it down gently to filing a restraining order. I’m hoping by the next time it visits I’ll have a new bottle to add to that collection … it promises to be more buff, like a bodyguard who takes no prisoners.

divider blue

Sunday, January 24, 2010

1.24.10AhhhTHE COLTS WIN! We love Dallas Clark in my family, because he lives near where I grew up, he’s a great guy, and he had my mom [an interior designer] decorate his house. :) I can’t wait to watch him in the Super Bowl this weekend.

I didn’t take a photo of the Vikings game, obviously.

And that’s all I have to say about that.

divider blue

Monday, January 25, 2010

1.25.10This couch, with all the pillows and blankets and other such things to prop me up just-so, is where you’ll most often find me. Especially when migraines and pain hit harder than usual. This day, Monday, was the day it all became clear as an un-forecasted blizzard hit and my weather predicting skills were vindicated.

And this is typically the way Riley looks anytime I get up and come back to my perch on the couch. Sitting in my spot and giving me a look that says, “Neener-neener-neener.” Then I act like I’m going to sit on him and he proves he really is an intelligent species because he moves just in time.

divider blue

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

1.26.10Ok, these next three pictures were taken in succession, but because I eat an apple with peanut butter on it for supper almost every night, I figured it was ok to spread the pictures over three consecutive days. Trust me, we do not vary from the following routine… ever.

First, I cut the apple and put on the peanut butter while Riley sits at my feet… periodically shaking his head and letting out a demanding sigh, as if I am suddenly going to change the routine and feed him right then and there.

divider blue

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1.27.10This is the look I get when we get to the couch and he watches me eat the four apple slices. One. After. Another. I’m going to need you to look closely at this photo, because you can actually see the drool dripping down his chin.

divider blue

Thursday, January 28, 2010

1.28.10And this is what makes him the most spoiled dog on the planet. After I eat my slices, I then hold the apple core for him, rotating it as needed, so he can eat the apple to his heart’s content.

Before you ask, I am very careful to keep my thumb away from his teeth. divider blue

Thanks for sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:
blog comments powered by Disqus