Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 8

gitz bits 2 divider blue

Friday, February 19, 2010

2.19.10

Confession:

I used to be a messy person. I liked things clean, but my bedroom was always a mess. To say I drove my mother crazy is an understatement. And when I was in college, while I would make sure the Big House was looking tidy for company, my bedroom usually looked like a hurricane hit it.

I never minded doing laundry. Or folding it. It was the putting it away part that never quite got finished.

But all that changed when I got my first apartment… suddenly I was a neat freak and craved organization more than a Krispy Kreme donut. My mom always cracks up because if she asks where something is, I can tell her not only the location, but I can usually tell her exactly what’s next to it. In this house, everything has it’s place.

Which is why I’ve been antsy lately… because things have gotten cluttered. Like in the above photo when I threw my laundry bag in the closet two weeks ago so it wouldn’t be in the way when Dawn came to clean, and then forgot it was there until this past week.

Yeah, I’m totally on the ball.

divider blue

Saturday, February 20, 2010

2.20.10

This look is the same expression my mom used to give me when she’d find dirty clothes stashed in the closet. I always tried shortcuts to make my room look tidier than it really was.

“Really? Really, Sara? Did you really think that was going to work?”

divider blue

Sunday, February 21, 2010

2.21.10

So, on Sunday I got all the laundry done [and most of it put away]. Then Susie came over that night to share a bottle of wine and watch Brothers and Sisters. She needed a little down time. Her Grandpa George had passed away on Friday and she was getting things ready to sing at his funeral. I had sang at Susie’s dad’s funeral back in 2002, and was incredibly touched when her Grandma asked if I had anything recorded that they could play at George’s funeral.

I burned a few songs on a cd and sent it with Suz… and was honored to be able to take part in the ceremony with them. The world has a lot less character in it without George; I’ll never wiggle my ears without wishing he’d wiggle his back at me.

divider blue

Monday, February 22, 2010

2.22.10

Back to my disdain for clutter… I was messaging back and forth with my friend Tam when I told her that my current computer setup, while super convenient, was ruining my decor.

She then laughed at me.

But the fact remained, it was starting to look like a crippled chick lives in this condo, which I guess is fitting since one does. But just because I need a few modifications, it doesn’t mean it should look like I need them.

So, my brain started reconfiguring and rearranging.

divider blue

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

2.23.10

See? Doesn’t that look better? I realized that the black cover on the zero gravity massage chair could come off, so all the pillows you see on the chair in the Monday photo are now tucked out of sight under the black cover.  Doesn’t that look so much cleaner?

And the computer is off of my coffee table, which immediately made my brain feel less frazzled. I did leave George in the picture to make it a fair comparison, because that’s one modification that isn’t going anywhere.

divider blue

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

2.24.10

As for the computer, it has found it’s place on an end table next to the couch. Obviously it doesn’t stay there when I need to type and edit photos and such, but since I can check my email and use Twitter from the iPod Touch, it’s definitely become my most convenient source for communication.

I’d seriously be lost without it. Which is kind of embarrassing to admit. :)

divider blue

Thursday, February 25, 2010

2.25.10

But this… this I am just learning to accept. Because there is not a surface where I can sit or lay down [couch and bed included] without an abundance of pillows shifting with me in a myriad of positions. I’m pretty sure if I could find a way to hide this and make it look like a lovely part of the decor around here, Nate Berkus would be knocking down my door to hire me! :)

So, as you can see… it was pretty slow around here last week… but even when I’m not up and moving around much, this is proof that my brain never stops coming up with things to do. :)

divider blue

Thanks for sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:
blog comments powered by Disqus