Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 35

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, August 30, 2010

8.30.10

Susie left this in my basket out in the hallway.

She’s a nice girl.

And I want you to know that I did not decorate my kitchen to match the new Sonic cups. I’m not that obsessed. But it sure was nice of them to decorate their cups around my kitchen decor. :)

divider blue

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

8.31.10

Dear Rain and Thunderstorms:

As much as I love the sounds you make, and the way you make me wish I was back home at the farm listening to you while reading a book under the tin roof of our patio, you are hell on my body. It’s like having a good looking boyfriend who can sing, but then he makes you run 15 miles uphill in a dead sprint at 6:00 in the morning every day.

Sometimes the pretty just ain’t worth the pain.

I love you a little less every year,

Sara

divider blue

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

9.1.10

That storm from Tuesday night? It made us lose electricity for a short while. And when it came back on, I thought all was well.

Until the middle of the night when I was roasting.

I got up the next day to my thermostat 10 degrees hotter than I normally keep it. This is a problem because my rib expansion isn’t what it used to be, which makes my lung capacity quite a bit lower than the average person. And for me, the colder the air is the less effort it takes for me to take it in. Which means I really needed the air conditioner fixed pronto.

On the positive side, because the furnace fan kept running, my air purifier was still operational, THANK GOD, so I wasn’t in danger of any reactions.

Anyway, my neighbor Dave came to the rescue, went outside to check on the unit and noticed the corresponding panel to reset the fuse. And sure enough, my air conditioner started running!

One problem: it was running, but not cooling. Yeah, not the miracle I thought it was.

So, I called a repair guy and he said the unit was probably struck by lightening and burned out some doohickey and yada yada yada, they’d be here in the morning to take my money. I happened to be talking to my brother-in-law Jeff at some point that day when he asked me if I’d reset the fuse on the panel inside the house.

wwwhhhhaaaaattt??? [insert ignorant and confused face here]

Yeah. The man saved me a bundle of money just by telling me there were two fuses for air conditioners. I told him he just earned himself another year in the family. Not for the saving me money part as much as the not telling me I’m a total girl about these type of things part. :)

divider blue

Thursday, September 2, 2010

9.2.10

Hi, my name is Sara. And I’m a procrastinator.

Yep. So, YOU:create was moved to Friday last week and I waited until Thursday to do the canvases. PRO.CRAS.TINA.TION. I was sore and tired on Wednesday and figured... what the heck. I had another day. It’d be fine.

And then I was more sore on Thursday. And I wondered what I had been thinking.

But I have to tell you, while the process of painting didn’t help my body any, it really helped my mind, my spirit and my attitude. Using the lap desk to raise the height helped a lot, and I’m going to keep working on some modifications. Because now that I’m making things again, I realize how much I NEED to be making things again.

There’s something about being productive and creative that makes the effort worth it. If you haven’t been trying one creative thing a week for YOU:create, think about starting... I promise you’ll be glad you did.

divider blue

Friday, September 3, 2010

9.3.10

This face, my friends, is what keeps me sane and makes me less lonely on a daily basis.

His peeing issues are what makes me want to kill him on a daily basis, but those eyes save his life every single time.

He’s so lucky he’s cute. :)

divider blue

Saturday, September 4, 2010

9.4.10

As I told you in yesterday’s post, I got to spend an afternoon with Mom and my sister Laura on Saturday. And hugs from them were just what I needed.

You all know I struggle a lot with how I look because of the steroids and Cushing’s. And while I’ve now lost more than half of what I had gained, it’s still a struggle for me to be bigger... to look sick... to not always be able to hide how sick I feel behind a smile and some make up.

But here’s the thing. I barely have any photos of me and my dad together. And the last one we have was taken last November... I was huge and horrified to look in the mirror... and it’s the only picture I let be taken of me that I didn’t delete during the whole time steroids took over my body. I didn’t want Mom to take it, but she really wanted it.

I have no idea why I didn’t delete it.

I still hate how I look in it.

But it’s one of the few photos I have of just me and Dad. Which makes it one of the most important photos of my life. Even if I am the only one who ever sees it, I have it.

And no matter how I feel about how I look, I am never passing up an opportunity to freeze in time with a person I love.

Ever.

PLEASE trust me when I say this to you. Embrace your moment. Whatever it is, however it is. You won’t regret it. Even if you never show it to another soul.

And this one of me and Mom? A keeper.

divider blue

Sunday, September 5, 2010

9.5.10

Candy stopped by on Friday with a Sonic [bless her heart] and some ingredients for me to try a peach fuzzy. On Sunday I peeled a couple, followed her instructions, and...

OH MY WORD, YUM.

It doesn’t settle my stomach like the lime slush, but it made my taste buds

OH SO HAPPY.

So I feel it is only fair that I share:

6 ounces of frozen lemonade, 6 ounces of water, 2 peeled peaches, 1/4 cup of sugar and some ice.

You’re welcome. :)

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus