Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 37

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, September 13, 2010

9.13.10

So, the Shan Clan ... being family and all... wondered what I was going to do about one of their main family loyalties.

Michigan football.

We had a problem. Obviously Iowa is my first priority. But I decided I would not wish Michigan to lose in other scenarios... until I realized that Michigan was playing Notre Dame. And people, I am Irish Catholic through and through.

I even have green rosary beads to prove it. And I made the move to take them out during that Michigan/Notre Dame game. And when the Irish were still losing? I may have threatened to grab the rosary beads blessed by Pope John Paul II himself.

Lucky for Shan, the beads were in the other room and I was too comfortable to get out of bed. Needless to say, Michigan won because of my sheer laziness. :) Or maybe because they played better defense.

Whatever.

Regardless, that Monday after the game it dawned on me that I actually have a Michigan sweatshirt. In a total twist of fate, I had “borrowed” this sweatshirt from Dad’s closet when I was in college and needed something big and warm and comfy. I just “accidentally” forgot to return it to him. :)

So, in honor of being a good loser and showing support to the Shan Clan loyalty, I took the photo above and emailed it to her. And I won’t hope Michigan loses again. Until Iowa plays them.

Then all bets are off. :)

divider blue

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

9.14.10

Dear Owner:

I need a haircut.

Love, Riley the Blog Dog

divider blue

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

9.15.10

This gorgeous and creative towel is one my friend Nicole made me for my birthday this year. I have seen so many sewing projects on our YOU:create Thursdays that I thought it might be a fun idea for some of you.

She just took a font she liked on her computer and printed out the F in the size she wanted it, cut it out of this adorable fabric and sewed it onto this soft, waffled towel.

And while I made all of that sound super simple, I want you to know I would only get as far as printing out the F on a sheet of paper. The girl has skills I don’t possess, but I sure like being the beneficiary of them!

divider blue

Thursday, September 16, 2010

9.16.10

I cannot wait to decide what I’m going to do with this.

The ironic thing is that I’ve been desiring this Ever Grateful memo board for eons. Or at least since I’ve been hanging out on the Dayspring site. Which feels like eons.

Anyway, everything you hear about that company being ridiculously awesome? All true. Because I did a very minor thing to contribute to their catalog and they sent this memo board with a thank you written on it.

They sent me a thank you, when I owe them more thanks for how they and (in)courage have surrounded me with love before, and especially since, my dad died.

I have SO many ideas of what I’m going to write on this... what I’m going to use it for... and since it’s a dry erase, I’m guessing I’ll be doing all of them at one point or another. :)

divider blue

Friday, September 17, 2010

9.17.10

As you may have noticed by the bad hair day and reposts last week, we’ve been a bit tired around here...

divider blue

Saturday, September 18, 2010

9.18.10

... and this forecast is a large part of that reason. The temps have gone from the 50s to the 80s to almost 90s and then hit some 40s.

Oh, and it’s been storming.

I live in Iowa, so this should not surprise me during the changing of seasons, but I would be thrilled if it would pick a season and stick with it sometime in the near future.

divider blue

Sunday, September 19, 2010

9.19.10

And I have no photos to provide for Sunday, either. So instead I’m providing you with another screenshot of what our state weather map looked like on Sunday.

It’s kind of like my doctor’s excuse for not doing my homework. But instead of telling you I have cramps to get out of gym class, I’m telling you that I’ve had pain and migraines and can’t get out of bed.

Besides, men read this blog. And they don’t want to hear about cramps.

You’re welcome, Uncle Barney. :)

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus