Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gitz Bits 2010: Week 49

gitzbitslogo2 divider blue

Monday, December 6, 2010

12.6.10 a12.6.10 b

I have "met" a sweet little 8 year old from Singapore named Sara. I can tell we have a lot more in common than just our name, because that child is one heck of a crafty little girl. She made me this amazing Funky Fairy to keep me company here in the condo, so I hung her in a special spot by my wall of doodles.

I was going to use Funky Fairy as an ornament, but decided she needed to be a year round addition. So sweet.

divider blue

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

12.7.10

Susie read my Gitz Bits last week and then called to see how bad I was feeling. I may have offered her a million dollars for this slush. I feel no shame in that extravagant offer since she totally knows I'm not good for it. :)

I hadn't kept any food or liquids down since the previous Friday, and my miracle slush hit the spot. I seriously spent over a week getting sick, having headaches and watching the room spin all because a storm was approaching.

So I'm buckling in, because this may be one looooong Iowa winter.

divider blue

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12.8.10

On the plus side, I got to cuddle with him all week.

Riley usually burrows under the covers by my legs, but lately has taken to getting under the covers and then peeking his head out on a pillow next to me. It might be the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life.

divider blue

Thursday, December 9, 2010

12.9.10

This is what I usually refer to as the picture door, since I leave the Christmas card photos up year round. But it's that weird time between taking last year's photos down and waiting anxiously for this year's crop to land in my mailbox.

So for the next week or so we're just going to call the picture door "sad lonely door" instead. I can't get over how bare it looks... there is no way I could leave it undecorated again now that I'm used to it being so colorful and happy.

divider blue

Friday, December 10, 2010

12.10.10

I swear to God Riley wasn't in the frame when I first aimed the camera in this direction. I just wanted to take a random shot to see how the bokeh from the Christmas tree looked. Before I could get a shot off I had to refocus for the attention grabbing pup. :)

We don't call him the Blog Dog for nothing.

divider blue

Saturday, December 11, 2010

12.11.10

And so it begins...

divider blue

Sunday, December 12, 2010

12.12.10

I have to admit, despite the fact that there is ice under that snow and the wind chill hovered around –28*, our little amount of snow felt incredibly anticlimactic for me.

Other parts of the state got a good 10 inches – it was a good old fashioned Iowa blizzard – but we were just on the cusp of really getting dumped on.

Here's the thing... I lost an entire week of my life adjusting to the weather change this storm brought with it. And to justify that kind of all-around illness, I expected it to look like the frozen tundra around here!

But I have no doubt that is yet to come... Winking smile

divider blue

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus