Friday, April 29, 2011

5 minutes: if I knew I could

Today I'm linking up to Lisa-Jo aka gypsy mama, who chooses a topic every Friday and writes for five minutes.

Only five minutes.

And the rule is that whatever she writes about in that five minutes is what she posts. No editing her thoughts.

Today, her topic choice is "If I knew I could, I would…"

So I'm going to set the timer, write some thoughts, and then I'm going to stop.

Ready? Set. Go.

::

If I knew I could, I would open a window and savor the breeze before walking out my sliding glass door and fully savoring the wind. I would turn my face to the sun and soak in its warmth and put my bare feet in wet grass and let them settle into the earth.

If I knew I could, I would sit at a lake with family and friends, have a barbeque, eat things with cheese and butter and have a drink and dance.

I would dance until I couldn't. And then I'd dance some more.

If I knew I could, I would sing. I would sing until my lungs burst from the pressure of the air and then I would go to another place, another home, another church, another wedding, another funeral and I would sing some more. I would look people in the eye and make sure my song connected to their soul.

If I knew I could, I would walk the walk to my dad's graveside and leave my tears there with my family's. I would tell him how sorry I was it took me so long and I would lay on the grass and just be with him again. I would do that if I could.

If I knew I could, I would spend the rest of my life sitting with friends. Loving them. Talking to them. Hugging them. Laughing with them and crying with them and celebrating and mourning. I would spend the rest of my life living my life in the presence of people, trying to be His presence to them.

If I knew I could, I would take poor Riley for a walk.

If I knew I could, I would write the book everyone says they want. I would feel well and healthy and not take a moment of actual energy for granted. I would live free of pain and headaches and nausea and weakness. And I would still come here to talk to you all, because it's where all my friends can meet at once.

If I knew I could, I would.

blog comments powered by Disqus