Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gitz Bits: Week 13

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, March 28, 2011

3.28.11

So, now that I've posted this I realize you can't really see what it says. Basically, it says that my friend Mandy stood on the corner of Cool and Awesome and made recordings for me of the first few chapters of Ree the Pioneer Woman's new book so I could listen.

Nothing like having your friend make you an audio book when an audio book is not in existence.

R.O.C.K.S.T.A.R.

 

divider green

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

3.29.11

This is the photo where you all get to laugh at me and tell me I'm a dork.

So, I take A LOT of pills. I have four "day of the week" pill containers that I use each day. These should not be confused with the ever popular "days of the week" underwear.

I haven't had those since fourth grade.

Anyway, a couple of my dispensers aren't locking shut as tight so I ordered a couple new ones from drugstore.com, and thought I'd better get the jumbo size since I have up to 12 pills in a compartment.

Dude. THIS is jumbo size. WHO USES THESE? CRIPPLED GIANTS???

Needless to say, the only thing this will be holding is large quantities of my laughter. Because this is not a pill holder. It's more like an enormous ice cube tray or a way to make Jell-O shots for a sick chick party.

divider green

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

3.30.11

I heard sounds of Spring the other day, and they sounded like a lawn mower.

Turns out it wasn't a lawn mower. Instead it was the contraption that is in this picture, which I assume has something to do with lawn care.

Here's the thing: the kid is wearing warm clothes and a hat, but it's not a snow removal machine so that is Spring enough for me…

divider green

Thursday, March 31, 2011

3.31.113.31.11 b

Speaking of Spring, which is all about new life and such, there is a town near here that has a pair of eagles hatching their eggs. There is a camera on them 24/7 and I have been OBSESSED. [http://www.ustream.tv/decoraheagles]

The mom and dad eagles take turns sitting on the eggs and protecting them… so I took some screen shots so you can see them, too. Two of the eggs have now hatched and they are the cutest little white fuzzy animals you've ever seen. [Don't tell Riley.]

Since my energy has been low, I spend most of my time listening instead of watching. There is nothing better than laying in bed with my eyes closed while I listen to the sounds that come out of the computer… I can hear the wind blow and birds chirp and cars drive by… I can almost convince myself I have the windows open.

divider green

Friday, April 1, 2011

4.1.11

My brother Steve and sister-in-law Patience sent me this photo of heaven as they were flying from vacation in Florida back to Wisconsin.

I couldn't stop staring at it and wondered if this is what the "walk on water" feeling must have been like.

divider green

Saturday, April 2, 2011

4.2.11

Now he's sulking. Ok. I take it back. Riley is the cutest white fuzzy animal on the planet…

divider green

Sunday, April 3, 2011

4.3.11

How much do you love those happy smiles?

I happen to love them a lot. This is my Aunt Janella, my dad's baby sister, and her husband Ron. They came to visit after attending the 20 year celebration at St. Stephen's yesterday… Janella is my godmother and worked at the student center during my first year of college. I was so blessed to have her there when I was branching out into college life.

I'm going to suggest that St. Stephen's has a yearly celebration instead of once every 20 years, because I sure liked the excuse of having them in town. :)

For the record, yes, Janella is wrapped up in a blanket. I SWEAR it's not that cold in my house, but everyone else seems to disagree with me…

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus