Monday, May 9, 2011

This is (in)courage

When I was first invited to write for (in)courage I was so flattered and honored and excited to be a part of the amazing community that had developed there.

I had a couple of friends who had been writing at (in)courage since its inception, so I had already been reading and loved the messages. I loved the camaraderie and acceptance and encouragement that seemed to flow out of every corner of that world.

I expected to love it. I expected to be challenged by it. But I had no idea the impact that working with these women would have on my life.

I had no idea they would become my family. My sisters. My go-to girls. I had no idea I would have opportunities beyond writing… opportunities to share our lives, our fears, our joys and our blessings. I had no idea we would love each other, pray for each other and support each other in all aspects of our lives.

And despite the fact that I can't get on a plane and join the rest of them on their beach getaways and meet ups at conferences, they have made me feel like I am right there with them. I feel like I have been in those rooms late at night, sharing and bonding with all of the amazing women that make up this community.

That is a gift beyond words. I treasure each and every one of these women, and below is a short video that will give you a glimpse into what I get to experience. Some of the women got together and shared their words of what (in)courage means to them, along with photos of these soul sisters sharing real life together.

I'll be writing there again at the end of this week, but if you haven't yet taken the journey over to the (in)courage.me site, this video will convince you that you are not only invited, but loved and welcome.

Hope you enjoy it. :)

blog comments powered by Disqus