Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Gitz Bits: Week 31

gitz bits 2011 2

divider green

Monday, August 1, 2011

8.1.11

What a perfect day. :) Every time Adeline was hungry, Jess came and got her to feed her. And every time she was done, she walked back over to the bed and put her in my arms.

Pretty much the perfect arrangement, if you ask me. 

divider green

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

8.2.11

Riley didn't think ANY of this was a perfect arrangement, however. I had decided early on that mixing Elias, a brand new baby and Riley was probably not going to be the smoothest option for the visit. Because I REALLY wanted to hold Adeline, and I knew that would never happen safely with Riley around.

So I shaved his hair as short as I could to help with my reacting to him and sent him off on a play date with Susie for the day. He did *great* with Susie… behaving way better than he does here at home. Heck, I was on the phone with her at one point when someone came to her door and Riley didn't make a peep.

We decided he's definitely more protective of me. But when he came home we also decided he was definitely not happy with me just giving him away like that.

I got the cold shoulder. BIG TIME.

I'm still not sure if he was mad because I sent him away, or because he discovered there's a whole world out there that I've been keeping him from...

divider green

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

8.3.11

I'm cheating and posting another Monday photo, simply because there's a cute baby involved. But the photo is actually to point out the cute pillow.

Shannon found this pillow in a Christian book store and snatched it up for me as a surprise... not only do the colors match my duvet EXACTLY, but it has my blog theme of Choose Joy front and center.  I thought at first she had it made, but she swears it was just sitting there already perfectly designed.

I love when that kind of thing happens. I love even more that my sweet friend saw it and thought of me. And I especially love the baby it's sitting next to.

divider green

Thursday, August 4, 2011

8.4.11

Speaking of sweet and thoughtful gifts, when Jessica and her parents came, they brought me this amazing bird bath! Doesn't it look beautiful by the hasta?

I think the birds were a little afraid of the fake cardinal at first, but they have been dipping their beaks and feathers quite often the past few days. On Thursday there were three of them hanging out, but they saw the motion of me grabbing the camera and flew away before I could catch them in action.

divider green

Friday, August 5, 2011

8.5.11

Have you ever seen a sweeter face?

My Yodi girl turned seven on Saturday, and on Friday afternoon she got her ears pierced to celebrate. It was a BIG day, so we skyped that night so I could see the sparklers in her ears. Which she said, by the way, didn't hurt at all.

Brave girl.

I had mailed her gift earlier in the week, so she got to open it that night while we were on skype. I had sent her some special earrings and that's the look on her face as she opened them. You would have thought I pulled stars right out of the sky and put them in box for her.

She's just the sweetest thing.

divider green

Saturday, August 6, 2011

8.6.11

Would you look at that? I FINALLY got two goldfinches at once. Elvis must have told Priscilla about his hangout so she could join him. 

divider green

Sunday, August 7, 2011

8.7.11

I cheated again with another Monday photo. But I couldn't let this picture go without showing it to you, because this little stinker could work that iPhone like a pro. There is no doubt Elias takes in everything around him because he not only looked big playing games on the phone, he sounded big as he kissed Adeline's head every time she woke up and said in his cutest three-year-old voice, "Hey there, pretty girl."

I so love him.

divider green

Thanks for once again sharing my week with me! Click on the button below if you want to go to Jessica’s site and check out the other participants showing off their weekly photos as well:

blog comments powered by Disqus