Thursday, October 1, 2015

Choose Joy Day 1 -- It's Not About Me



"How can I find within myself to Choose Joy?  I don't know how to do that without first knowing that it's not about me. It's not even about me living my life and relying on God to help me through. Because that would mean I was driving and God was giving me moral support. I am saying that my life only works if God is at the wheel, if He's reading the map and if He's making the turns."   ~ Sara Frankl

My reflection for today...

How many times do I pray for God to help me through this or help me through that...(fill in the blank)?  Maybe my own prayer life includes too much me thinking...

My new daily prayer is that He will give me an open mind, a humble heart and faithful feet to walk where He leads.

If you feel God at the wheel asking you to help spread His joy and His word, share these 31 days of joy and say a prayer for all those who will read it!

I will use a phrase from Pastor Darrin Vick ...Go out, spread the joy and raise a little heaven out there!

You can find more messages of joy, in the book Choose Joy: Finding Hope and Purpose When Life Hurts. 
blog comments powered by Disqus