Saturday, October 15, 2016

Choose Surrender Day 15: Blessings and Peace


The two songs that spoke to me after dad and Sara passed away were, "Perfect Peace" and "Blessings," written by Laura Story. As I reflect this month on Choose Surrender, these songs came to mind. I think they speak to what it means to surrender to God. 

As you read the words, reflect on Choosing Surrender...

Perfect Peace...


Stay close by My side. Keep your eyes on Me. Though this life is hard. I will give you perfect peace.
In this time of trial. Pain that no one sees. Trust me when I say. That I will give you perfect peace.
And you'll never walk alone. And you'll never be in need. Though I may not calm the storms around you. You can hide in Me.
Burdens that you bear.  Offer no relief. Let Me bear your load. 'Cause I will give you perfect peace.
Blessings...
We pray for blessings. We pray for peace. Comfort for family, protection while we sleep. We pray for healing, for prosperity. We pray for Your mighty hand to ease our suffering. All the while, You hear each spoken need, yet love is way too much to give us lesser things.
'Cause what if your blessings come through raindrops. What if Your healing comes through tears.
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know You're near. What if trials of this life are Your mercies in disguise.
We pray for wisdom, your voice to hear. We cry in anger when we cannot feel You near. We doubt your goodness, we doubt your love, as if every promise from Your Word is not enough.
All the while, You hear each desperate plea, and long that we'd have faith to believe.
When friends betray us, when darkness seems to win, we know that pain reminds this heart that  this is not our home.
I have learned through the trials in my life that God's blessings are sometimes right in the middle of the pain...in the middle of the hard. God calls us to search for Him...trust in Him...love Him...surrender to Him. This search and surrender leads us to perfect peace with Him.

blog comments powered by Disqus